Monday, April 19, 2010

Kitchen Update #2

This was a very productive weekend for getting work done on the kitchen. Our biggest job is refinishing the cupboards and in two days, we are about half way done. We had to start by taking off the cupboard doors, stripping, sanding and re-staining them. When those were done the guys got started on the cupboards inside the house. Thanks to Joshua’s (my brother) smart thinking, they made a plastic curtain to keep most of the dust from getting all over the kitchen and it keeps Hannah away from the work. But if only it would keep her out of the boxes full of everything we had in the cupboards.

All the cupboards and drawers in the garage waiting to be stripped...



This is Kaytlyn... she's been AWESOME helping us get this kitchen project going - she knows how to do it all. Pretty sure if it wasn't for her and Joshua, Dan and I would still be taking off the doors.





Break time... Hannah, Joshua and "Bongo" needed a little break....

Hannah watching Dan, Joshua and Seth sand....

The stain dried... and the doors look so nice compared to the orange they once where...
Well, for the next update this will be done and the new countertop will be installed! It's going to be amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are all having so much fun! Actually, I'm not kidding because I love to do that stuff. The results will be amazing. I can't wait to see more! Linda Kramer

    ReplyDelete